Membership is open to all serving and former members of Australian Special Forces.
The Committee will also consider applications for Affiliate & Social Membership from other persons who identify with the aims and objectives of the Association and fit the categories below.
Categories & Fees
- For serving and former members of 1st Commando Regiment, 2nd Commando Regiment and other Australian Special Force Units
- $45 per year
- Non Australian Special Force’s persons and others approved by the Committee may join as an “Affiliate Member” but have no voting rights at Association meetings
- $45 per year
- Family members of a current (or previous) Full Association Member may be approved by the Committee as a “Social Member” and that person has no voting rights at any meeting of the Association
- A $20 one-time subscription is payable
- A person who is invited by the Committee of the Association and deemed suitable may be approved by the Committee as an “Honorary member”
- No fee or subscription is payable; and that person has no voting rights at any meeting of the Association
- Every three years the Committee will review the Honorary membership of an individual and if deemed necessary by the Committee the Honorary membership of that
individual may be withdrawn
- Any person who has rendered distinguished or special service to the Association or its antecedent associations which has been formerly recognised as such by the passing of a Special Resolution at an Annual General Meeting.
- This member must have completed a minimum of 10 years dedicated service to the Australian Commando Association in either State sub branches or a combination of one or more State
- No fee or subscription is payable; and this person has all voting rights at any meeting of the Association